As a QA Programmer at Ubi MTL, you will create automated tests and validation tools to make QA an integral part of the game development life cycle.
You believe in working efficiently and testing thoroughly to achieve quality. Always on the lookout for ways to improve processes, you develop automated solutions that help production teams – in every department – take a proactive approach to quality assurance. You aim to ensure that features are validated consistently, so that bugs and glitches can be corrected now, prevented later, and never reach our players.
What you’ll do
· Collaborate with team leads to understand their tasks, analyze workflows, and look for areas of improvement.
· Develop and implement custom tests and tools.
· Create and maintain documentation to serve as reference to guide interdependent teams.
· Train production team members on how to use your automated products + raise awareness of new processes.
· Follow up on your tests and tools to provide support and resolve problems.
· Come up with solutions to continuously optimize the QA process.
· Stay up to date on testing best practices and technological advancements to keep up with the industry + develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
What you bring
· An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
· At least 3 à 5 years of experience in software QA or engineering, or related experience
· Knowledge of programming languages (C++, Python, HTML, CSS, C#), Visual Studio, bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max), game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) & their limitations
· A solid understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and tools
· A highly collaborative, empathetic, creative, and innovative spirit
· Excellent critical thinking, organizational, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
· Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
What to send our way
· Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.