Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft , a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.
We are now looking for an
Online Programmer (Network and Servers) for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP, and we need you to come and play a key role that a high number of players can simultaneously immerse in a seamless and rich game experience. As one of our Online Programmers, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining game-related servers and all the network layers. You will help determine systems behavior under normal or peak loads to optimize performance and make adjustments to cope with bandwidth constraints. All this adds up to a robust online experience. You will be working in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers.
If high-quality code is your second name, networking and server development knock your socks off and you are into video games, please reveal yourself! We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans. Our latest project has ambitious goals and an exciting period of growth. You will also get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, and you can always ping any colleague around the world to share ideas!
· Collaborate with designers and programmers to implement game servers and improve the networking layer.
· Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine.
· Integrate SDKs required for gameplay and live service.
· Stay up-to-date on network and online programming in general and your specialties in particular.
Your skills and experience
· Fluency in C++
· Experience with high performance multithreaded socket models and network programming over Linux or Windows
· GO, C#, Python is a strong plus
· Understanding of internet and network architectures with bandwidth considerations
· Deep understanding of client-server methodology, scalability, and security considerations
· Strong general programming and code architecture skills
· Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable, and functional code
· Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing procedures
· Smooth communication and teamwork skills
· Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
We also appreciate
· Experience of real-time multiplayer game development
· Experience of at least one full development cycle from conception to shipping.
· Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems. Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL
· Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
· Passion for games and interest in the games industry
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on 31st of October but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.