About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Game Designer with good technical skills to be an integral part of our AAA FPS project. If you are self-motivated and have a strong passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team
What you will do:
· Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into gameplay systems designed that can be used by everyone to build all of the experiences in the game.
· Design and create game systems and game mechanics that follow the game’s creative direction with regard to the targeted experience for the player.
· Rapidly prototype gameplay systems within the engine to test out new ideas, gameplay systems, and modes.
· Standardize, document and communicate the systems to the game team.
· Learn about existing features in the past series and build on that to design more advanced features, from document creation to final implementation
· Work with designers and design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement systems and gameplay features that improve content and functionality of the game.
· Proactively communicate and work with a passionate team of programmers, animators, artists and designers through development.
· Put yourself in the user's shoes and test the functionality of your design, continuously collect feedback, and iterate for optimization
· Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback Proactively identify issues reducing the ability of the team to do their best work.
· 2-3 years + of game/level design work experience (console game is preferred)
· Good level of English (written English is very important)
· Communication skills are very important (especially written / documentation / presentation, for quick and efficient problem solving in a CoDev context)
· Technical skill are very important (computer science background)
· Design skills (analytical and creative) are important, but we can take time to develop them.
· Quick and efficient learner with a strong self-study ability.
· Have a passion for games, not only can play but also can analyze the core gameplay
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!