Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®” , “ Assassin’s Creed® ” , “ Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “ Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 and Hyper Scape.
Our team is currently looking for a new Game Designer to join our talented Beyond Good & Evil 2 team. Are you going to be our new teammate ? Don't hesitate ! Apply now !
Under the responsibility of the Barcelona BGE2 team Content Director, you will be responsible for the design and proper implementation of the behaviour (outside combat) for all Non-Playable Characters [NPCs] in our game world.
· Convert initial high-level intentions into final designs for:
· NPCs’ behaviour system: their awareness of the world around them, and their behaviour and interactions with: their environment, objects, other NPCs, players
· NPCs’ behaviour during dialogues sequences.
· Help conceive the underlying technical systems and tools to create these behaviours:
· NPCs’ planning/agenda system
· Integration tools and tweaking tools which designers will use to populate the world with NPCs and fine-tune their behaviour.
· Collaborate with gameplay programmers, engine programmers, animators, level designers and sound designers to realize your design and bring NPCs to life.
· Create clear and detailed documentation following project guidelines and flow
· Be the point of contact for everything related to NPC behaviour (from presentations to one-on-one communication), both with local and co-devevelopment teams
· Lead and review the implementation of behaviour prototypes.
Passion for video games, creativity, autonomy, team spirit and strong dynamism will be essential, based on the following skills :
· Three years’ previous experience as a game designer, working on at least 1 AAA title.
· Knowledge of Action Adventure RPGs
· Knowledge of possibilities and challenges of multiplayer online games a plus
· Knowledge of animation principles: anticipation, follow through, staging, timing, secondary actions a plus
· Knowledge of animation field: Body animation, runtime IK, Look At, facial animation a plus
· Experience scripting or coding a plus
· Previous experience as game designer on artificial intelligence [AI] and NPC behaviour a plus.
· Rigor, creativity and sense of autonomy will be essential
· You have a good ability to communicate and work in a team
· Critical common sense
· Proactive and curious
· Technical knowledge of editing software
· Having excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to question, adapt and understand ongoing project nuances, legacy and needs
· Mastery of the pack Office
· English proficiency
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)