On being a BI Developer at Ubi Montreal
The incumbent will be part of a specialized multidisciplinary team (data engineering, data analysis, data science) in charge of producing analysis based on the behavior of our players, throughout the game's lifecycle (from development to operations).
The incumbent will be actively participate in data modeling and will be part of the team in charge of design, analysis, management, transformation, data quality.
This position requires resourcefulness, good communication skills and an inquisitive mind that will be comfortable within a dynamic environment.
The incumbent will need to demonstrate experience or interest in learning new technologies related to the "Big Data" ecosystem.
The daily life of a BI Developer at Ubi Montreal
· Analyze the game's data model, user needs and participate in the design of telemetry;
· Design and implement extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data;
· Develop the data model and set up the data warehouse;
· Ensure the good performance of ETL programs and support operations in case of failure;
· Participate in defining standards and writing technical documentation;
· All other related tasks
What it takes to make it
· University degree in Computer Science or any equivalent training or experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position or other relevant experience;
· Extensive experience in SQL programming
· Python, Java, Scala or C# programming experience
· Any experience with distributed data management and processing technologies such as: Amazon Redshift, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Cloudera Impala, Apache Spark, Vertica or any other similar technology
· Good experience in the design of structures and data models
· Good experience in SQL query optimization
· Experience with data warehouses and business intelligence
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to anticipate the impacts and repercussions of changes
· Very good verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
· A desire to learn new technologies, to innovate and to be creative in achieving objectives
· Be passionate about video games
· Knowledge of SCRUM / AGILE
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, BI Developers.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of videogames located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of extraordinary, passionate developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.