Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – veritable playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
At Ubisoft, you will have a chance to develop your skills and work alongside dedicated team members who are pioneers in their field, throughout the world.
You will be part of a warm and stimulating environment in which you can push back the boundaries of both the imagination and technology to create worlds that will inspire our players.
Would you like to take part in our adventure? Ubisoft is looking for a 2D-3D Animator.
You will join Ubisoft Paris Mobile, the studio behind such successful games as Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Smurfs Epic Run or City of Love-Paris, as well as new, unannounced titles on Ubisoft IPs.
Within the studio, you will be part of a mobile AAA project, working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Artistic Director.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will create object and character animations based on rigged 2D or 3D game models, with the goal of pushing the quality of the gameplay and cutscenes to the max.
For this purpose, you will be tasked with the following:
· Devising animation systems tailored to the game's needs by working with the team and the various other trades involved in order to anticipate in-game constraints.
· Rapidly establishing basic prototypes that will fuel and guide thinking on the animations and gameplay.
· Helping to evaluate the time needed to accomplish your tasks in collaboration with your Lead, and working within the allocated time frame for the scheduled deadlines.
· Creating high-quality animations in both realistic and cartoon styles: applying your knowledge of the keyframe animation principles, splitting and integrating the animations in a real-time engine, etc.
· Being able to optimize your pipeline to adhere to the real-time technical constraints, and implementing the requested changes to support the artistic direction.
· Reporting any animation problems encountered to your manager, and performing all other tasks that fall within the animator's scope.
· Documenting the system established, and being able to explain it to junior animators and newcomers to the team.
· Holder of a degree in 3D animation, you have some initial experience in video game production, ideally on cartoon and/or stylized animations
· In-depth knowledge of graphic tools, in particular 3dsMax and Biped
· Proficiency in one or more real-time engines similar to Unity
· Excellent understanding of movements in space
· Solid knowledge of setup and skinning
· Keen artistic sense and attention to detail
· Capacity to adapt, inquisitiveness and an open mind
· Ability to receive, request and give constructive criticism