Our corporate office is located in downtown Houston and we have several industrial locations including Port Arthur, Beaumont and La Porte, TX as well as Carville, LA.
The Refining & Chemical division offers "hands-on” internship opportunities to gain experience as an engineer, available for students working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, graduating between December 2021 and May202 3.
POSSIBLE MISSIONS (list not all inclusive or indicative of any one position):
· Monitor/track unit performance with outside observation, pressure/temperature surveys, MS Excel, PI Process Book, TDC Control System, and process simulator software
· Follow safe work practices while maintaining quality
· Support turnaround/maintenance activities
· Evaluate economics to determine profitable modes of unit operation
· Lead/participate in Process Hazard Analyses
· Define and execute small (non-capital) projects
· Monitor unit catalyst performance and issue catalyst life projections
· Perform various chemical engineering-type calculations on an as-needed basis for Operations or other Operations support groups (size orifice plates, size control valves, size relief valves, determine hydraulic flow regime in piping systems, calculate pressure drops, size piping for small projects, perform heat/material balances, size/rate heat exchangers, calculate fluid properties, determine system volumes/residence times, normalize unit operating data with chemistry and kinetics)
· Study/analyze/troubleshoot unit operation with vendor-provided diagnostics
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· Working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, graduating between December 2021 and May202 3.
· GPA of 2.8 or higher
· Computer knowledge: use of spreadsheets, process simulation software helpful, and able to understand new systems as they come (i.e. DFS, SAP).
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good problem-solving skills. Good physical fitness required for access on/into towers, vessels, and other equipment.
Engineering Summer Internship
Refining & Chemicals
Experience level required
Less than 3 years
TOTAL PETROCHEMICALS & REFINING USA, INC.