DURBAN-FORMOSA RD 103(ZAF)
The Logistics team is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for the Alrode area to join their team.
As Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following activities:
· You will be required to create an efficient and effective proactive maintenance program in collaboration with the maintenance manager, terminal supervisor and terminal manager.
· You must adhere to company approved process, safe practices and procedures so that incidents may be prevented and/or mitigated via the identification, assessment and understanding of both minor and major hazards in terms of plant, process and people.
· You will relentlessly drive the maintenance program
· Ensure the overall follow-up and treatment of work requests (curatives) in terms of qualify and delay (compliance with SLAs)
· You will continuously work closely with contractors on site to verify the qualify of work done is in line with scope of work and checklists – practical hands on approach
· Accountable for panning both inspections and maintenance. (planned and ad hoc maintenance)
· Fully integrate maintenance into wider depot context (operations, assets management, optimization, budgets).
· Ensure that the technology employed in the plants is current and licensed.
· Set and run reports on planned work to be done and actual backlogs and facilitate delivery.
· Plan monitor and report on all maintenance projects within the plant
· Manage all maintenance contractors on the site, ensuring that all deliverables are met to standard.
· Ensure all planned maintenance schedules are executed, including all statutory calibrations and tests (including safety critical barrier testing)
· Continuously evaluate the performance of maintenance contractors with regards to service and workmanship.
· Receive, troubleshoot and schedule break-down calls.
· Reduce equipment downtime
· Complete purchase order process (contractor, receive authorisation, complete payments)
· Implement and maintain the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS-MX System).
· Using the CMMS (MX System):
· Evaluate job card feedback;
· Extract lessons learned and institutionalise with the necessary parties; and update database once verification completed Context and environment:
The plant is a petroleum storage and handling facility and as such is a registered MHI, as well a National Key Point. The plant operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days per year. It is therefore imperative that the site equipment and overall integrity is optimally maintained to ensure the plant remains operational.
You will be accountable and responsible for:
· Your own safety and that of the people in the immediate area of work
· For the quality and quantity of work assigned to you
· For ensuring that all statutory requirements are adhered to according to relevant regulations and standards
· For ensuring that the plant is maintained to the required standard Qualification:
B-Tech in Engineering or Qualified Artisan with recognized trade test in:
· Mechanical fitter Experience:
· 3-4 years in petrochemical maintenance/operations.
· Strong Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation knowledge advantageous
· Knowledge and understanding of the functioning and maintenance of plant equipment (Pumps, valves, mechanical sealing system, storage tanks, gantry metering systems, PLC and SCADA systems, etc)
· Knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements
· A good knowledge of Occupational, Industrial and Construction safety
· Intermediate knowledge in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (required).
· Strong communications skills (required).
· Good supervisory skills
· Practical hands on approach
· Ability to find and apply rules and procedures applicable to the work at hand
· Ability to perform routine front-line maintenance as per applicable standards and OEM recommendations
· Ability to find an apply technical information contained in OEM manuals
· Ability to troubleshoot and failure analysis
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Marketing & Services
Region, department, area
Experience level required
3 - 6 years