To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the standards of performance; equipment used; knowledge, skills, and abilities; and the language, mathematical, and physical demands required in the performance of the job.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent; and
· Minimum of three years industrial I&E experience
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and emergency response manuals, maintenance work orders, equipment specifications, Material Safety Data Sheets, and work instructions. Ability to read, understand and use scientific terminology and symbols. Ability to create and write standard operating procedures, and compute and record data accurately. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both written and orally, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate unit conversions, compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Computer/peripheral equipment, calculator, two-way emergency radios, telephone, electrical testing equipment, hand tools, power tools, chain hoist, grinders, drills, drill press, threader, , impact guns, and a variety of other maintenance and manufacturing equipment.
Refining & Chemicals
Maintenance / Inspection / Technology
Experience level required
0 - 3 years, 3 - 6 years
Context and environment
· Ability to operate a computer and peripheral equipment
· Ability to perform basic pipefitting, layout and fabrication design
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and efficiently.
· Ability to be a self-starter, manage time and work without direct supervision.
· Ability to maintain confidences within the normal course of business.
· Ability to communicate and work as a member of a team.
· Ability to communicate established procedures in the training of personnel.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure.
· Ability to troubleshoot instrument and electrical equipment; needs to read and comprehend equipment manuals and drawings.
· Ability to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
· Knowledge of the general operation of all auxiliary equipment associated with the I&E technician job functions (e.g. electrical testing equipment, chain hoist, grinders, drills, drill press, threader, hand tools, power tools, etc.).
· Knowledge of all I&E procedures.
· Knowledge of safety procedures in the handling of all hazardous materials.
· Knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment related to the work.
· Knowledge of employee safety requirements and industrial hygiene.
· Performs routine and preventive maintenance tasks to prevent equipment failure and keeps a written records of the maintenance performed on all instruments and electrical equipment.
· Advises the production supervisor of any equipment not available for use before taking equipment out of service for inspection or repair.
· Maintains a clean and orderly shop and cleans up any spill resulting from repairs.
· Installs, maintains, and repairs all plant instrument and electrical equipment.
· Identifiesto supervisor any parts needed to be purchased to maintain an adequate inventory of critical spare parts.
· Assists and participates in regulatory and voluntarily programs (PSM, MSM, ISO 9000, etc).
· Serves on site safety, PSM Team and other teams, as requested.
· Treats all co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public with dignity and respect, without discrimination or bias.
· Provides quality service and assistance to all customers, potential customers, employees, vendors, and the community on an ongoing basis.
· Complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety policies and regulations and corporate guidelines on business ethics.