Total has been active in Belgium since 1920 and today employs some 4,900 people.
The Group is currently looking for a Cracking Furnace Engineer (M/F/X) for Total Research & Technology Feluy, Refining & Chemicals branch, Industrial Direction domain.
The action domain of the Industrial Direction/Process & Pre-Projects division covers the world-wide Refining and Petrochemical activities of the Total Group.
· The Cracking Furnace Engineer is the active member of the Cracking Furnaces Industrial Network: providing technical assistance to the operating sites for problem solving, building collaboration with sites; uses the network as the means to implement improvements in support of the core manufacturing priorities (safety, availability, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency).
· You identify opportunities for projects to improve site performance; you initiate studies and provide cracking furnace process support for studies and in different project phases including start-up (for existing or new grassroots units). You continue to actively obtain information and know-how about all new developments in your domain, both through your professional network, all external contacts and by participation to workshops.
· You develop and maintain Total RC’s Best Practices documents in the area of cracking furnaces, incorporating site experience via the network. You provide training to operational staff.
· You provide specialist support for process safety and availability of the cracking furnace area.
· You develop, promote and support implementation of technology improvements in cracking furnaces field (innovation).
You will be guided from your first day at work: education and training are an intrinsic part of your career. Responsibility, independence and team spirit are key concepts in your commitment to us. In return, we offer you great career opportunities within the company or the Group.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
· You have a master’s degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering.
· Minimum of 3 years’ relevant industrial experience.
· You can establish precise objectives in cooperation with operations.
· You are well-organised, have good communication skills and good interpersonal relationship.
· You are willing to travel occasionally (mostly in Europe).
· You are fluent in English; the knowledge of French is a plus.
CRACKING FURNACE ENGINEER (M/F/X)
Refining & Chemicals
Region, department, area
Experience level required
0 - 3 years
Fixed term position
Context and environment