· To have sufficient understanding of process safety and major accident hazard management to be able to effectively contribute and influence business decisions impacting process safety.
· Commitment to incident free operations.
· Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
· Participate as a member of the Barge Master’s team in delivering performance against targets.
· Build effective working relationships with other departments and shifts.
· Loading, storage and discharging of oil cargo.
· Ballasting, trim and stability of the vessel.
· COW, tank cleaning, gas freeing for entry.
· Mooring and unmooring of shuttle tankers as designated by the Barge Master.
· Vessel systems power management.
· Ensure vessel position and heading is maintained and implements changes to vessel heading as required.
· Maintain an effective marine and aviation radio watch.
· Co-ordinate in-field operations involving shuttle tankers, support vessels and helicopters.
· Assist with the inspection and maintenance of life saving appliances and firefighting equipment.
· Execute duties as specified in the station/bill/emergency response procedures or as directed by the OIM.
· Carry out first-line maintenance on marine systems where competent, or assist as appropriate.
· Ensure that the CCR is constantly manned.
· Monitor vessel status and reacts to changes in vessel systems, and requests assistance from other departments as required.
· Isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance.
· Complete verification assurance and routine activities and maintain accurate records.
· Liaise with all departments to minimise disruption to operational activities.
· Maintain accurate records of on-board marine operations, vessel and aircraft movements.
· Comply with Company procedures and ensure a full and comprehensive handover detailing all relevant information in accordance with these procedures
· Commit to Competence Assurance System and undertake any training and assessment required for the role.
· Tanker Endorsement (Oil)
· Oil Tanker Experience
· Dynamic positioning experience preferred.
· Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
· STCW II/1 OOW Qualification.
Production General Resp
Barge Operator- GP3- On Behalf of Petrogas Neo UK Ltd
Exploration and Production
Region, department, area
Experience level required
3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years
Affiliate (if known)
TOTAL EP UK LTD
Context and environment
Reporting into the Barge Supervisor, the Barge Operator is mainly responsible for watch keeping in the CCR, ensuring that the station keeping and marine systems are operated in a safe and efficient manner. Further responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the crew, and areas of environment pertaining to their position.
Total are recruiting for a Barge Operator, on behalf of Petrogas Neo UK Ltd, for their newly acquired asset GPIII. The completion date for the transfer of GPIII from Total is estimated to be by 31 December 2019. The successful candidate will automatically be in scope to TUPE to Petrogas Neo UK Ltd by year end, in line with the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations.
Petrogas NEO UK Ltd considers that the portfolio of assets they have acquired from TEPUK consists of strong producing assets with significant upside potential, which they intend to pursue and grow further, including field life extension of GPIII. In conjunction with partners and the OGA, the company plans to extend the field life of the assets through maturing discoveries, accelerated development and optimised field and reservoir management.
This role will provide an opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing company.
This vacancy is open to applicants for two weeks and will be closing Friday 9th August 2019.