Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is a Merchandise Assistant in our Merchandise Operations Department. She is responsible for providing Operations Support to Buyers and is responsible for: creating and modifying purchase orders in a manner that facilities evenish and optimal inbound flow to our DC’s. This requires ongoing communication with Vendors regarding shipments and changes, managing optimal inbound flow; mitigating early receipts and tracking of merchandise as well as Samples Management for assigned departments.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn’t finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Assistant, we’d ask you to do the following:
· Accurately create, enter and modify Purchase Orders ensuring optimum flow of goods.
· Creates optimal flow through selection of LP Flow weeks for PO’s at time of writing based on Weekly Updated Inbound Flow Charts
· Utilizes Updated Inbound Flow charts to aid in optimal flow moves when planned flow changes due to vendor, logistics, business trend issues or opportunities.
· Mitigates early receipts at time of PO entry and when modifying PO start ship dates
· Proactively tracks, follows up and action late orders with vendors using available reporting, reviews ship dates and cancels and makes revisions as agreed upon with Buyer
· Follows up with Logistics as needed.
· Proactively remind vendors to Book goods to facilitate timely start shipment of PO process to our DC’s
· Contact vendors to resolve problems as directed by the buyer, PO discrepancies, shipping dates, partial shipments etc.
· Ensure timely communication to buyer and Supervisor in the identification of lates/earlies
· Liaise with finance and vendor to ensure set up before booking is made
· Executes on the merchant purchase commitment to our Vendors, monitoring for required documents and processes necessary to deliver goods to the DC’s are complete; escalating where required to Buyers
· Partners with Vendor Intake team to assist the Buyers with new vendor set up, manage the department's vendor base (contact info, pre-ticket addresses, update trade show vendor base, maintain history and current activity), filter potential new vendors, keep vendor information current
· Owns and regularly updates Department Profile in collaboration with Buyers and Planners to facilitate staffing transitions and absence coverage.
· As appropriate, redirect Vendor queries to the appropriate department or partner for resolution
· Ensures Samples available; i.e. quality control, one world/strategies, walk throughs/ presentations.
· Manage disposition of used/old samples and return Samples as determined by Buyer
· Ensure all samples are organized in an effective manner
· Liaise with vendors to ensure timely and appropriate delivery of samples
· Assist in pre-production/production sample process to include communicating with the vendors, tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval
· Maintain designated Samples area and action removal and purge of samples in a timely and appropriate manner
· In partnership with Buyer Admin, coordinates production of materials for presentations
· Monitor weekly spend for merchants (as necessary)
· Timely categorization of Corporate Import Requisition (CIR) and completion of PO to meet GBO CIR required 48 hr. turnaround time-frame.
· Work with internal departments (Planning, Logistics, DC, Finance, Translation, Marketing, and Product Safety & Regulatory Compliance) to resolve issues (i.e. pre-ticketing, invoice issues, purchase order movement, Translation).
· Interfaces with all levels of management and communicates with multiple internal and external contacts on a routine basis
· Liaise with the Global Buying Offices as required to support the business and coordinate inbound flow where possible
· Participate in special projects as assigned by the MA Supervisor or Manager
· Collaborates with Supervisor and Manager to create Individual Development plans (IDP) and undertake additional accountabilities as outlined in IDP
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
· Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
· Operational experience
· An interest in working with products and basic understanding of key factors of brands, fashion, quality and pricing.
· Effective interpersonal communication and written skills
· Ability to work independently requiring minimal supervision
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent Time Management Skills
· Superior problem solving and solution management skills required
· Advanced computer skills using Excel & MS Office
· High capacity and understanding of reporting and numerical information and impact
· Ability to proactively plan for upcoming work load/activities
· Flexibility with the ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
· Ability to address conflicting priorities of multiple buyers and offer solutions
· Escalate as appropriate outstanding or unresolved issues impacting ability to undertake or complete work accountabilities
· High level of customer service skills when dealing with internal and external parties.
· Experience in Retail or Corporate environment considered an asset.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Segment: Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Law, Garment, Apparel, Retail, Fashion, Legal