Success is always in style at the TJX Companies! Ideal candidates will join us from all walks of life whether you are a new college graduate or transitioning from the military. You may have a more traditional background in distribution or manufacturing or your leadership skills may have been gained working in the restaurant, airline, hotel, retail or auto industries. Utilize your leadership and operational talents to be a part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering and achieving business goals and objectives.
After an in-depth and personalized training period, you will be involved and accountable for the following:
· Performs preventative and corrective maintenance action on power equipment, building conveyor, systems, and material handling equipment.
· May perform hot-work and/or minor fabrication.
· Must be proficient in operating cutting torches and various types of welding equipment.
Essential Job Requirements:
· Good communication skills both written and verbal; basic math skills are a must.
· Ability to grasp, bend, lift, or otherwise move items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Proficient in use of ICW, CMMS, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work at heights or unusual work positions.
· Must be able to operate all shop equipment and hand tools.
· Must be able to read and understand drawings (i.e., architectural drawings, mechanical schematics, electrical diagrams, plumbing blueprints, etc.).
· Experience in industrial or commercial maintenance field with demonstrated preventative and corrective maintenance experience in material handling systems.
· Proven proficiency in two or more of the following areas; electrical/electronics, welding/fabrication, plumbing, electro hydraulics, mechanical and electrical drive systems, PLC controlled systems.
· Familiarity with OSHA/NFPA/NEC standards to include the use and understanding of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
· Must maintain safe work practices and housekeeping standards.
· Understands Sortation equipment and conveyor ( Shoe Sorter, Tilt Tray Sorter, Intelli-Q/Accuglide conveyor)
· Two (2) plus years working in an industrial or similar maintenance environment.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Las Vegas
Job Segment: Maintenance, Hydraulics, Technician, Housekeeping, Electrical, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology, Hospitality