Jenna discovered COLLABORATION working at TJX
Playing off everyone’s unique strengths and utilizing them to reach shared goals is what Jenna loves most about her work at TJX. And when you work with us, you'll see that everything we accomplish – we accomplish together!
What you’ll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
· State-of-the-art amenities at our eco-friendly Home Office. Take a tour HERE !
· One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
· Benefits that take effect your first day
· Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your development
· Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members at all TJX Canada stores
· Associate and Family Assistant Program to support healthy living
What you’ll do
It’s safe to say, there’s no shortage of variety in what we do. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
· This position is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial data while partnering with various business areas to provide support for accounting/reporting functions including budgeting, forecasting and analyzing variances/ trends to help monitor expenses.
· Develop reasonable and meaningful forecasts, annual budgets and support development of long range plans through strong partnerships and input from business areas.
· Establish and maintain business partnerships with various areas to help monitor expenses and increase visibility and accountability by providing financial support via trend analysis, enhanced reporting and ad-hoc reports/analysis.
· Participate in special projects, as assigned.
What you’ll need
To begin your career with us, you’ll have:
· 3-5 years of experience in financial reporting and/or budgeting capacity.
· Post-secondary education in related field e.g. Finance
· CPA and/or working towards/completed an accounting designation.
· Advanced knowledge of general accounting procedures (GAAP), ability to identify assets, liabilities, income statement accounts, debits and credits including an understanding of the Company’s policies and procedures.
· Possess strong analytical and accounting skills.
· Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills.
· Computer skills including strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) skills, knowledge of accounting software and experience with budgeting tools (Eg. TM1).
· Issue management skills including time management; interpersonal skills including conflict management, information gathering skills, decision making and organizational skills will be key.
· Customer service skills including effectively and efficiently responding to associate inquiries, building relationships with external departments and other associates.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Application Deadline: December 9, 2020
· Internal TJX Associates: please review this opportunity with your direct supervisor or manager prior to submitting an application. In order to be considered, please attach your completed Internal Candidate Endorsement Form to your application.
Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. By becoming a member of our TJX Canada family, you’ll have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people across our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores (Winners, HomeSense, Marshalls) and our Office locations. Are you ready to Discover Different? Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Segment: Financial, Financial Analyst, Accounting, CPA, Finance