Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
Responsible for delivering a highly satisfied customer experience demonstrated by engaging and interacting with all customers, embodying customer experience principals and philosophy, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. May be cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
· Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
· Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
· Accurately rings customer purchases/returns and counts change back to customer according to established operating procedures
· Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
· Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
· Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
· Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
· Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
· Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
· Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
· Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
· Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Possesses excellent customer service skills
· Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
· Possesses strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
· Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
· Possesses strong communication skills
· Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
· Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Retail customer experience preferred
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Los Angeles || CA || TJ Maxx
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Fashion Retail, Garment, Apparel, Retail, Fashion