Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
Responsible for ensuring the execution of merchandise presentation plans and priorities for assigned departments. Ensures an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers, and maintaining a clean and organized store.
· Role models exceptional customer service
· Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
· Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
· Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
· Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
· Maintains current, fresh, and fashionable features
· Takes an active role in training and mentoring Associates on merchandise guidelines, protection standards and established best methods
· Ensures Associates execute tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
· Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides period progress updates
· Processes cash register transactions accurately and efficiently according to established policy and procedure
· Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
· Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
· Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
· Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
· Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
· Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
· Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
· Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
· Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
· Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
· Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
· Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to train others
· One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Miami || FL || TJ Maxx
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Fashion Retail, Cashier, Garment, Retail, Fashion, Hospitality