Optical Engineering intership - Modelisation and correction of stray-light in satellite imagery M/F
Optical Engineering intership - Modelisation and correction of stray-light in satellite imagery M/FIn the frame of its Earth observation programs, Thales Alenia Space develops imager and spectro-imager instruments. These instruments are subject to specifications of very low level of stray-light, and it is sometimes difficult to achieve them by design alone. Thus, it is necessary to apply a correction treatments to the ground images.
The mission of the image chain architecture departments is to size, define and evaluate the performance of the acquisition chain and of the data processing in scientific and Earth observation satellites with optical payload.
In the framework of the development of an instrument being defined, the trainee will have the missions :
- To set up a stray-light modelling chain and correction from outputs from optical design software simulating this instrument or from characterizations carried out on real instrument prototype,
- To make a state of the art of the methods that perform modelisation and correction of stray-light.
- To propose, with its supervisor, the most relevant methods adapted to the type of instrument studied,
- To realise a prototype of these methods and test them over simulated data, and possibly correlate them with measurements if available,
- To analyze the quality of these corrections against the expected specifications
You are an engineering student or equivalent in optical.
You follow a specialization in sensor geometrical modeling, simulation/treatment of optical sensors or image treatment.
Good skills in optical instrumentation, measurement physics and / or applied mathematics would be a plus.
You are curious, rigorous, and you look for a challenging internship in an innovating company ? Apply online on www.thalesgroup.com !
Découvrir la Page Entreprise
Ils ont travaillé ici
Chargée de Projet BtoB (Apprentissage)
Chargé de Marketing / Business Development
Nolwenn LE DORNER
A l'écoute d'opportunités en Achats