Stage : Mechanical Engineering intership - Ball bearing sizing for integration in spatial mechanism M/F
Mechanical Engineering intership - Ball bearing sizing for integration in spatial mechanism M/FThe mechanism and solar array mechanical analysis team has for objectives to:
· ensure the sizing of mechanisms and solar array under severe environment (vibrations, quasi-static and thermo-elastic)
· analyze the kinematic and dynamique behavior during deployment /rotations with the exigence to understand and verify the physics behind the calculation.
· communicate with the designer and product responsible as well as mechanical test teams
In order to be independent during the conception, we wish to design a mathematical tool to pre-size the ball bearings used in our mechanisms.
To achieve this objective you'll have to:
· With the aid of the literature, determine the equations of the ball bearing internal behavior as the stress in the balls, the gapping, and the stiffness.
· develop in Matlab environment, a tool to solve the equation and visualize the results.
If you are autonomous in your daily work, inventif and curious : this internship is for you !
You are an engineering student or equivalent in mechanics with a high capacities in programming.
Good skills in Matlab programming will be a plus.
You are curious, rigorous, and you look for a challenging internship in an innovating company ? Apply online on www.thalesgroup.com !