Internship Optical Engineer – Image calibration on spatial images M/F
Internship Optical Engineer – Image calibration on spatial images M/FIn the scope of the future Earth observation programs, Thales Alenia Space is developing calibration methods for satellite and instrumental parameters from images taken on the Earth, on stars or on the Moon.
In the Image Chain Architecture department, which mission is to dimension, define and evaluate the performances of the acquisition and treatment chain of Earth observation satellites carrying an optical payload, the intern's missions will be:
- To evaluate one or several calibration methods and understand their interest in terms of performances and planning gains during in-orbit qualification tests,
- To understand the spatial optical images acquisition principle (optical instrumentation, lines of sight guidance and spatial mechanics),
- To understand the standard calibration methods and to familiarize with engineering image treatment tools in order to exploit and treat spatial images,
- To suggest with her/him tutor, an adaptation of the selected calibration methods and make existing tools evolve,
- To analyze the new performances of the methods from the exploitation of real or simulated images.
You are an engineering student or equivalent in optical or applied mathematics.
You follow a specialization in sensor geometrical modeling, simulation/treatment of optical sensors or image treatment.
Good skills in Matlab, Python and C would be a plus.
You are curious, rigorous, and you look for a challenging internship in an innovating company ? Apply online on www.thalesgroup.com !