The PV Designer II will report to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for designing code-compliant solar photovoltaic systems for Tesla’s residential clients throughout the U.S.The position relies heavily on civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering concepts and calculations, with a focus on efficiency and automation. The ability to be detail-oriented as well as see the bigger picture is a must, and the ideal candidate will be able to manage a large volume of projects while demonstrating excellent communication.
Weekend work will be required for this position.
· Use custom software tools to design residential photovoltaic ground mount and roof top systems
· Work with project managers to submit plans and drawings to building departments
· Track permitting process through approval
· Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met
· Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed