Description de l'offre
🔍Davis, CA, California, United States
📅 2228Total Views
📅 180002XFRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer is responsible for the execution of the software quality assurance program for the TechnipFMC Schilling Robotics line of state-of-the-art Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and subsea control systems running on Windows and VXWorks. SQA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. They work with Product Development Engineers and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. They also work with groups such as Technical Support and Integration to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments along with regression tests to improve our internal software testing procedures for all our software products.
· Design and perform execution of test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
· Develop automated and manual unit, regression and performance tests and procedures
· Conduct historical analyses of test results
· Work effectively within small teams of developers to improve and maintain software quality
· Maintain installation packages
· Perform initial debug activities by reviewing system behavior, configuration, logs, and other information to determine and quantify the nature of the problem
· Organize, schedule, and conduct the execution of regression tests
· Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
· Provide technical support during software installation or configuration
· Manage and maintain test software and hardware environments
· Other duties, as assigned
· BS degree in CS, CS/EE or equivalent with 0-2 years of work experience
· Experience in quality assurance practices and methodologies
· Working knowledge of Windows OS environments
· Understanding of machine characteristics that affect software systems
· Able to transfer technical knowledge to peers, management, and novices alike
· Energetic, highly organized individual capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment and support a variable work flow
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Proactive in communicating barriers to success to peers, project team members, stakeholders and supervisor
· Self-motivated, capable of making decisions on the spot, desirous of solving problems, and knowing when to get assistance
· Demonstrated ability to set and exceed goals, and manage multiple deadlines
· Demonstrates the highest personal and ethical standards
Additional Desired Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server and Test Rail
· Experience with simulation software in testing
· Experience working on agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
· Some C++/C# coding experience
· Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak.
· Frequent need for manual dexterity – using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pulls, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Regularly required to sit & stand for long periods of time.
· Frequent use of PC is required.
· Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment as needed in safety zone areas.