🔍Davis, CA, California, United States
📅 711Total Views
📅 180002XGRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
This engineer will join our Schilling Robotics Product Development team in Davis, CA.
Are you excited to design software to drive the world’s most advanced subsea robots?As a Software Engineer in Schilling Robotics you’ll work as part of a passionate multi-discipline engineering team charged with developing new and innovative subsea robotic systems. You will design highly reliable and performant software to unlock the capabilities and maximize the usability of these cutting-edge mechatronic systems. This role will include development of user interfaces, business logic and intra-subsystem communications within our distributed software control system. You will need excellent software engineering skills, a drive for innovation and collaboration along with the ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced development environment.Are you up for the challenge?
· Collaborate with software engineering team to design and implement tools and infrastructure to increase the team’s efficiency.
· Design and develop high-quality C#/.NET or C++ code to implement required functionality utilizing Schilling Robotics’ software development tools, version control and design methodologies.
· Implement automated unit and subsystem tests and stand-alone test software to validate new functionality.
· Diagnose, debug and resolve potentially complex software issues.
· Work with engineering team to perform system qualification testing.
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
· Five (5) or more years of professional experience developing desktop software applications in C#/.NET and/or C++.
· Working Knowledge of common networking protocols and concepts.
· Experience developing with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Power Shell.
· Direct experience developing distributed applications using protocols such as SOAP, REST, JSON, or XML.
· Comfortable using software version control systems such as TFS or GIT.
· Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a results-driven multi-disciplinary collaborative environment.
· A passion and curiosity for creating great things.
Additional Desired Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with CMake, Make, GCC, Clang and related build environments.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
· Linuxsystem and/or application development.
· Experience with VxWorks or other real-time operating system.
· Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak for long periods of time.
· Manual dexterity using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pull, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Frequent use of PC.
· Standard office work environment with infrequent need to work on manufacturing floor and wear PPE as required.
· Regular, repetitive arm/hand motion (typing, mouse control, etc.)
· Close viewing of computer monitor