Description de l'offre
🔍Houston, Texas, United States
📅 522Total Views
📅 1800034URequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Oversee and ensure all aspects of preparation and shipment of products and materials are achieved in accordance to company standards of safety, quality, delivery and cost. Serve as the primary point of contact for individual client team requestors and other stakeholders. Ensuring dispatching is managed effectively. Guide team in efficient and effective execution of tasks and use of time and resources.
· Guide team in proper and effective execution of work tasks and adherence to company policies and procedures
· Serves as the single point of contact for shipping to internal customers
· Assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking work of team members
· Assign work to team and provide input to supervisor on productivity and corrective action requirements
· Operate heavy machinery (including various types of forklifts)
· Works directly with Project Management to create deliveries and manage all shipping activities for projects
· Prepares outbounds shipment of materials including staging, packaging, labeling, counting, and document preparation. Arranges for trucking and communicates with other stakeholders in the shipping process
· Material movement, including loading and unloading trucks and moving material from location to location, by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors, overhead cranes, machine (jib) hoists), hand tools, power tools, tape measure or other material handling equipment
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Four (4) years of work experience at minimum. One - two plus years of additional industry (Shipping or related function) experience preferred.
· Must be an effective communicator with a range of persons in the organization and culturally
· Must be able to function effectively in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Must be able to demonstrate maintenance of a high safety mindset
· Must possess ability to predict/forecast and following logical process for reaching conclusions in order to perform job successfully
· Must be able to read and understand drawings
· Must be able to perform moderately complex math calculations
· Must be fully functional with English, written and verbal communication skills are mandatory
· Must be able to communicate ideas and concepts, and persuade and influence others as needed
· Must be able to provide and receive constructive feedback and coaching
· Two (2) years of experience with an ERP system required, SAP preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work a varied schedule with extended hours. Will be on-call. Employee will be exposed to shop traffic, noice and variable temperatures as working inside and outside is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some physical lifting of material (under 50 pounds). Activities also include climbing, standing, walking, crouching (70%) and sitting (30%).