🔍Houston, Texas, United States
📅 1218Total Views
📅 180002RORequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
The purpose of this position is to ensure proper and accurate shipping of items to arrive in an acceptable manner to the customer (internal or external). The position’s major functions include: Adherence to TechnipFMC policies (Safety, Quality, etc.), shipping preparation (changing pallets, chocking, banding, etc.), execution and understanding of proper rigging and rigging functions, document review, loading trucks, point of contact for requestors.
· Intermediate level position, utilizing basic skills learned previously applying them with increasing independence - able to do the tasks as assigned.
· Completes tasks in accordance with procedures and applicable codes and/or standards.
· Ability to identify deviations from standards.
· Selects from among clear and simple choices based upon previously defined procedures and practices.
· Possesses sufficient inductive and deductive reasoning ability to perform job successfully.
· Ability to consider the most appropriate procedure or precedent to follow and make discriminating choices among learned things.
· Generally characterized as a "Task Completer". Requires decisions made within established procedures which usually involve the evaluation of basic alternatives such as the method of performing work or the sequence for performing assigned work.
· Keeps team and supervisor informed regarding the progress and status of work activities.
· Errors can be detected in subsequent operations. Impact of error can result in shipping errors with possible customer (internal and external) exposure.
· Typically will interface with departmental staff.
· Commitment to customer service is important.
· No direct reports.
· No budgetary responsibility.
· Ensures proper shipping of items from item staging to truck loading.
· Navigates and understands SAP transactions including, but not limited to: ie03, lt23, lt10.
· Communicates and works effectively in a team environment.
· Operates heavy machinery.
· Adapts to changing conditions, order items, order deadlines, etc.
· Understands FMC Technologies procedure documentation.
· Receives, understands, and acts on directions from all individuals.
· Promptly identifies safety and quality issues/concerns.
· Takes pictures and downloads to shared drive.
· Uploads pictures into an Excel file.
· Organizes, reads, creates, and modifies Shipping Request Forms.
· Practices good housekeeping in shipping area and removes waste in a timely manner.
· Moves material to High-bay for shipping preparation.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Typically 2+ years related industry experience.
· Ability to use technical tools and instruments required to perform duties.
· Accuracy and attention to detail important.
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is important.
· Ability to read and understand drawings.
· Ability to perform moderately complex calculations.
· Required to interpret job requirements and coordinate equipment needed.
· Basic written and verbal communication skills in English are important.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is important.
· Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately.
· Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed.
· Understanding and communication within diverse cultural environments is important.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work varied schedule with extended hours. Must be able to be on-call. Employee is exposed to shop traffic, noise, and extreme temperatures from working both inside and outside. Heavy machinery required to move parts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some physical lifting of material is required (usually under 50 pounds). Climbing onto the larger forklifts, Standing and walking for 50% of the time is typical.