🔍Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
📅 1127Total Views
📅 2000019LRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37,000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
R & D Technician
Complete flow tests accurately to a log card or test plan to enable production testing and engineering projects to proceed on schedule. Maintain and promote safe conditions and practices to prevent any accidents. Work performance to be reviewed by supervisor.
· Based on test specifications, erect or remove piping as needed.
· When tests are complete, have test set-up dismantled and cleaned, then return equipment to its designated area.
· Work with engineers to prepare components and products for testing per engineering specifications, test plans or log cards. Conduct tests as scheduled and record data.
· Assemble and disassemble products.
· Software programming of ultrasonic meters.
· Product troubleshooting.
· Monitor accuracy and calibration requirements of test equipment and have it repaired or recalibrated when necessary.
· Upload all test results into FRTC database.
· Monitor test fluids and maintain both quality and quantity.
Housekeeping & Safety
· Be constantly on guard for hazardous or unsafe conditions. Correct and/or report them immediately to the appropriate person or manager
· Make formal safety inspections at least monthly, and submit written report to director of safety and/or manager. Communicate results to all who inhabit (for any period of time) R & D.
· Maintain a high level of neatness and good housekeeping throughout the area.
· Flexibility of working hours is required. Evening and/or night shift hours may be the norm.
· Overtime may occur and can be mandatory.
· Complete daily departmental walks.
· Cooperate with and assist other departments requiring the use of the R & D facility.
· Inventory control and protect product quality.
· Acquire tools, material, and special equipment as needed and organize storage to facilitate availability while protecting loss and theft.
· Perform maintenance to FRTC equipment.
· Perform waterdraws on all FMC provers.
· Fulfill all ISO-17025 accreditation requirements.
You are meant for this job if
· Associate or bachelor’s degree in engineering field or equivalent.
· 3 years of technician/testing experience or equivalent.
· Mechanical aptitude plus good logical reasoning and analytical trouble-shooting skills. Basic machine and equipment operation experience is desirable.
· Ability to perform various types of mathematical calculations and analyses to critique test results.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
With a view to keeping all prospective applicants aware about recent developments at TechnipFMC we encourage you to go through TechnipFMC Press Release as well as our website www.technipfmc.com to know more about us.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”