40 - Experienced
Validation Engineer B201 - Imaging Division M/F
The Application & Validation Group is engaged throughout the lifecycle of a ST FlightsenseTM Time-of-Flight products, from Product Definition, through to Industrialisation and into Mass Production. The overall responsibility of the group is to perform system level verification and support of our ToF systems, from promotion through to customer platform integration.
The main responsibility of this role is to generate & deliver data (by means of technical reports) to the Project Team, the Design Team and System Architect team. This data is used to support the Product during several stages of Maturity gates during the product development, thru to Mass Production and Product release. In order to achieve this the Application Engineer shall be responsible to develop validation test environment (using Python), used to perform device level validation, to analyse and report product performance data, developing a deep product knowledge and understanding of product performance and customer use-cases.
IC Validation Engineer
• Experience with Mixed Signal IC Validation; Inc. Photo Diodes, ADC, TIA's, I2C/SPI, Bandgap, LDO's, etc...
• To validate the performance of new silicon, and debug where appropriate i.e. where it does not perform as expected with feedback to the design team including documentation of issues.
• Work closely with the Hardware & Software design teams to ensure an efficient time-to-market of the new product.
• Where required, documenting test requirements, plans and procedures, test results and equipment setups.
Minimum Essential Skills and Experience:
• A good degree (BEng/MEng) in Electronic/Electrical Engineering from a leading University.
• Minimum 2-3 years in a relevant industry ideally in a validation role.
• Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of mixed signal semiconductor device validation and characterisation techniques.
• Ability to capture requirements and translate them into written specifications.
• Strong programming and fault-finding skills in the development and debugging of test programs using PYTHON language to control Device and Test Equipment.
• Previous experience of Optical semiconductor devices an advantage.
• PCB & Validation Test requirement specifications
• Plan and Manage Validation Test execution
• Validation test development from specification to execution
• Liaise with all stakeholders: design, HW, project
• Automation of measurement equipment/instrument e.g. SMU, DMM, Oscilloscopes, etc...
• Python scripts or software programming experience
• Troubleshooting, debug and problem solving
Europe, United Kingdom, Edinburgh
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date