Newsbridge is a contribution and AI-Based video indexing platform for publishers and broadcasters.
We leverage Cognitive AI such as speech-to-text, person recognition, to help journalists find the most relevant moments in their rushes.
The company was founded by two brothers, Fred and Phil Petitpont in 2016. The team is made of talents from both the digital and the broadcast industry to provide the best user experience for customers such as TV Channels, Production Houses, Sports Right Holders.
We count amongst our users top media companies such as TF1, M6, AFP, Lagardere Studios, Publicis VivaTech, French Rugby Federation...
Newsbridge is based in Boulogne-Billancourt (Porte de Saint-Cloud) and thanks to a successful fundraising in 2019, the company is now expanding quickly in Europe.
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team here at Newsbridge who hit the ground running and take our product to the next level, as we scale up and develop our business in our target markets!
The Frontend and Backend engineers who are building our core platform work accross the stack, always willing to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality in SaaS software.
As a software engineer for Newsbridge you are building the tools today that will redefine tomorrow's video production and cognitive indexing.
Our Technical Stack
The backend application is built upon Lightbend's Akka Framework implemented in Scala using a CQRS approach, relying on MongoDB and AWS S3 as our persistence layer.
Most of our core video libraries are written in C and C++
DevOps tools and specific data analysis components are written in Python (in a process of migration to 3.7 to give it a typed-flavor).
Frontend apps are developed upon the latest version of the Angular framework.
About the role
Under the supervision of the Lead Backend Developer and in collaboration with the entire product team (8 team members as of today), you will work on the following topics :
Core video processing tools
· Build and collaborate on newsbridge's video processing libraries and modules - Stack: Scala, JNI and Akka Stream.
· Upgrade and add new features on existing video components
· Measure speed and quality
· In collaboration with the customer success team and partners you will design and implement new input and output modules. ie: SRT Subtitles export module, FinalCut Connector, Avid AXF input file parser etc.
Advanced transcription module
· Design, Build and take the lead on our future transcription module.
· Using existing speech-to-text libraries, implement an ultra-resilient transcription component
· Implement exclusive new features (confidential)
· Leverage feedback learning from users input correcting transcription. You will choose the machine learning framework of your choosing.
· 🌅 Enjoy our sunny rooftop and friendly working environment in Boulogne-Billancourt
· We value a good life/work balance as we know it makes everyone more efficient. It’s important for us that you find it and will help you achieve it.
· We are remote-friendly 🧡
· Kindness, we work on keeping feedbacks positive and objectives oriented.
· 💻 Laptop and hardware of your choosing.
* The ideal candidate *
· You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software application using oriented-object languages
· At least one year working on a Java / Scala application
· You enjoy having a unit test driven approach and setting up your own deployment pipeline
· You see code reviews as a leverage to improve your skills and create human bounds
· You think walking in an unknown technological territory is thrilling ! 👨🚀
· You already know or are willing to deep dive into core video concepts (demuxing, transcoding...) with the mentorship of the rest of the team
· 🇺🇸 Fluent in English, French is a plus but not necessary.
After a first call with our CTO or one of the tech lead, you will be asked to pass a technical interview with two members of the team.
· Contract Type: Full-Time
· Start Date: 04 May 2018
· Location: Boulogne-Billancourt, France (92100)
· Education Level: Master's Degree
· Experience: > 3 years