Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Special Chem produces fluor and rare-earth formulations for automotive, semi-conductor and lighting applications. With its industrial know-how, global presence and R&I proximity, Special Chem positions as a strategic partner for the automotive sector as a producer of materials used in emission control catalysis and aluminum brazing, and as a producer of cleaning and polishing materials for electronics.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Role: Production Supervisor
Responsible for shift supervision of all activities that affect Alumina and Nocolok®️ Products, including, raw material delivery, quality control, product manufacturing, storage and shipping and waste.
· Supervisor has total responsibility for the area under their jurisdiction. That includes: HSSE, Quality, Emergency Response, and Issuing routine permits, record-keeping
· Manages quarterly waste removal (Hazardous & Non- Hazardous)
· Communicate HSSE goals to his reports Train members of their HSE responsibilities to include:
· Policies and procedures (PPE, operating manuals)
· Monitoring implementation of HSE activities and follow-up and correction of discrepancies
· Incident investigations and corrective measures
· Develop and implement accountability for their reports through goal setting process and performance reviews. Also, communicates the performance reviews to all their reports.
· Provide and encourage others to use risk assessment methodology.
· Communicate and enforce HSSE rules and expectations to their reports.
· Enforce housekeeping standards in their areas and report repeated problems, verbally and written, to the department manager.
· Report and document all incidents (process, personnel, emergencies.... etc.) and provide preliminary investigations as much as possible. Provides Leadership to see that all their reports are participating in the monthly HSE training program and other measures as defined in the plant incentive program. Training in Smoke School, Scaffold training, Confined Space Monitoring, RCRA certification
· To commit to and promote the values of the Solvay’s Mission, Purpose and Vision Statements, Environmental Health and Safety Policies, and Product Line Quality Statement.
· Supervises hourly employees to meet production needs, quality, safety, shipping, and environmental requirements.
· Monitors quality of raw materials, work in process and finished product; including sample preparation and customer approval.
· Troubleshoot mechanical problems, procure parts as needed, and ensure safety procedures.
· Facilitates ISO 9001 and ISO14001
· Contributes ideas regarding production scheduling, equipment modifications, yield improvements, and cost reductions, assists Engineering, and Pilot Plant.
· Responsible for monitoring equipment log sheets and plant inventories.
· Familiar with the Honeywell TDC 3000 control system
· Responsible for safety and process training, and providing first aid.
· Maintain compliance with RCRA waste management training and Permitted Equipment Emissions log
· Manage RCRA and Universal Waste for the site with support from HSE Manager
· Be available for emergency response
Budget and Financial Authorities
· Responsible for ensuring that the plant operates in the most cost efficient manner while producing premium quality products.
· Has purchasing authority of $500 per transaction and $1000 per month.
· Hourly employee salary approval and corrections, shift coverage
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 4+ years of Plant Manufacturing experience in lieu of Degree
· Relevant experience in the operation of a manufacturing plant as well as in-depth knowledge of the basic processes and process engineering relationships.
· Good knowledge of automation and process analytics
· Demonstrable experience leading a medium to large team of people
· As a leader of people you will be willing to delegate, be a clear communicator and influential in core areas
· You will be able to work well in teams, cooperate in projects with a strong sense of security
· You will have good financial acumen and have an awareness of cost control methodology
· You will have strong organisation skills
· You will have the ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and contacts outside the company.
· You believe personal safety is a key priority
· You have excellent skills in the use of computer based software tools to access, input and retrieve information
· You have excellent interpersonal skills
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
No agency/third party calls or emails, please. All interested Job Seekers must apply on-line for proper consideration. No sponsorship available