Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customersâ€™ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Day to Day Operations
Communicate and enforce shift performance expectations to ensure SHE compliance and quality system requirements are met.
Communicate and enforce shift performance expectations and prioritize and adjust labor resources to ensure production schedule is executed per plan
Ensure team members are qualified to meet expectations
Execute incident investigations as assigned by Production Area Leader
Participate in select Area Improvement Teams (AITs) as applicable
Manage work cell front line tasks such as housekeeping inspections, handbook and other audits, satellite accumulation, etc. and ensures SHE compliance and 5S standards are sustained
Act as on-site supervision on off-shifts/weekends to ensure continual plant operations
· All area operators have been properly trained and understand SHE, Quality, Productivity and Continuous Improvement processes
· Accountable for holding team members accountable for their performance, including issuing disciplinary action if necessary
· Accountable for holding team members accountable for their performance, including taking appropriate corrective action and disciplinary action if performance or behavior is not sustained
· Work Cell shift goals are identified and aligned with operations Key Xâ€™s
· Work Cell shift goals are communicated to area operators
· Collaboration and Acts with Integrity
· Performance and results
· Decision Making
Education and Experience:
High school diploma with 3-5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or 3-5 years Cytec experience
BS Engineering/Science Degree
· 24/7 plant operation. The supervisor would have an assigned shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) but must be able to change shifts with notice if needed.
· Strong communication skills and ability to engage team members.
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Understand key operational metrics
· Understanding of maintenance and engineering
· Understanding processes to engage cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
Due to US government ITAR regulations only US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered for employment at our Greenville, TX facility.