Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Production/Quality Engineer is responsible for providing process engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems involved with day-to-day ongoing operations.
· Monitor the day-to-day performance of the unit. Develop, propose, implement and/or follow up on process and facility improvements involved in ongoing operations (variable cost, productivity, quality, HSE, reliability, maintenance…).
· Support the Production Unit Manager for the setting of finished products, raw materials and intermediates specifications.
· Coordinate the activities related to the identification, monitoring and control of key process parameters.
· Provide production supervising personnel with assistance to troubleshoot operational problems causing lack of quality in finished products or intermediates.
· Develop ways to increase product yields, OEE and reduce variable costs while maintaining the needed Quality and HSE standards.
· Set product acceptance process grids and checks on intermediates, including guidelines for corrective/preventive actions.
· Develop and implement Lean, Six SIgma and SPC tools to enhance production quality reliability and On Aim Quality.
· Coordinate the definition and implementation of action plans for the improvement of production process capabilities (Cp and Cpk).
· Lead the internal investigation team in front of a customer complaint – or internally detected anomaly - related to product quality and for prepare the related report.
· Support the preparation and successful occurrence of customer audits.
· Coordinate the recovery/reworking of off-spec production.
· Actively participate to new product industrialization and define criteria required to make an experimental product an ‘industrial’ one.
Education and Experience:
· BS degree in Chemical Engineering
· 3+ years of relevant experience as a production/quality engineer
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Strong technical and analytical skills
· Good understanding of product quality requirements and customers needs
· Command of main Failure Analysis techniques
· Good communication skills
· Ability to influence change