Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
We are located approximately 45 minutes northeast of Amarillo in the heart of the Texas panhandle. If you like lots of sunshine, beautiful sunsets, golfing, skiing, hiking, horseback riding, fishing , and hunting then this is a great place to call home. In addition, you will actuallybe able to enjoy these activities because we offer a 9-80 work schedule which means you get a 3-day weekend every other week!
We are currently seeking a Production Engineer for our manufacturing site in Borger, Texas.
This person will be a member of the operations team that is responsible for safe, reliable, & cost effective operations. The engineer will work on the optimization of unit operations & small/medium projects. This position is expected to support improvements in our HSE, Quality, Production, and Cost performance. The engineer will lead efforts to improve reliability and support Operational Excellence.
· Providing process engineering assistance to troubleshoot operational problems, minimize unit interruptions, and maximize capacity utilization.
· Monitor the day-to-day performance of the unit. Develop, propose, implement and/or follow up on process and facility improvements involved in ongoing operations (variable cost, productivity, quality, HSE, reliability, maintenance…).
· Coordinate the activities related to the identification, monitoring and control of key process parameters.
· Interact with unit operators for troubleshooting and as needed to accomplish safe production goals.
· Develop ways to increase product yields, OEE and reduce variable costs while maintaining the needed Quality and HSE standards.
· Develop and implement Lean, Six Sigma, and SPC tools to enhance production quality reliability and On Aim Quality.
· Lead the internal investigation team in front of a customer complaint – or internally detected anomaly - related to product quality and for prepare the related report.
· Support the preparation and successful occurrence of customer audits.
· Coordinate the recovery/reworking of off-spec production.
· Actively participate to new product industrialization trials.
· Contribute to the development of preventative maintenance plans.
Education and Experience:
· BS degree in Chemical engineering.
· 5 years of experience working with manufacturing processes.
· Experienced in polymer processing technologies is a plus.
· Experience with simulation tools (ASPEN) is a plus.
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Able to work independently and effectively with both external customers and globally based internal team.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to influence.
· Good understanding of product quality requirements and customer’s needs.