Description de l'offre
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to become an incoming Production Engineer with our company. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Ensure processes are developed and secured with the goal of meeting Manufacturing Engineering KPIs. They will be responsible for safety, quality, delivery, and cost of the production process, as well as projects/staff and competence development.
· Serve in a co-leadership role within a specialized area of assignment. The individual follows the direction of Unit Manger – Manufacturing Engineering and coordinates the business plan with peers
· Establish and maintain the optimum production methods, standards, tooling and equipment for all assigned products and processes
· Establish and maintain accurate production standards using predetermined time tools
· Identify and correct Bill of Material and assembly instruction issues related with production
· Promote manufacturing safety and efficiency through implementation of method/process change, ergonomic application and safety awareness
· Lead and conduct kaizen improvement activities focused on safety, quality, and cost initiatives
· Drive the Focused Improvement and Work Place Organization pillars within the Volvo Production System
· Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity
· Development of future engineering solutions to lowest possible cost and with flexibility for product and volume changes
· Analyze and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects
· Assist with necessary counselling, training, and discipline to obtain the optimum effectiveness of the team
· Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Proven ability to visualize future opportunities, plan action items and lead team towards successful completion of company objectives
· Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
· Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
· Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented
· Project management skills
· Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation
· Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts Soft Skills
· Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change
· Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
· Experience in a team-based environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent experience is required
· 0-3 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent with a focus on engineering and production COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/
Travel Required (maximum)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates.
In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify