Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Production Coordinator role provides operations leadership to the Ryton production unit. The position is responsible for the safety of all employees and equipment in the Ryton operation. The position ensures that the unit is operated in an environmentally sound and cost effective manner while supplying Ryton product meeting all quality requirements per plan to internal and external customers. The position reports directly to the Ryton Production Manager. The individual in this position is expected to take an active role in implementing Manufacturing Excellence in Ryton.
• Understand and clearly communicate the operating budget and production plan to the Ryton team.
• Effectively utilize all the resources available including operators, supervisors, engineers, R&D, Plant Support Teams and external experts when required.
• Ensure the Ryton Team has tools and training required to achieve their goals and function effectively in his/her absence.
• Achieve outstanding HSE performance.
• Ensures operations input on capital projects via CVP process.
• Support the business team in efforts to maintain and grow market share while reducing working capital.
• Identify, develop, and implement actions necessary to reduce fixed and variable costs.
• Coordinate with Maintenance group to prioritize mechanical and instrumentation activities.
• Manage labor to make most efficient use of available personnel ensuring that all allocated employees are suitably trained per the training matrix.
• Support operators and supervisors in their daily performance by ensuring all materials, tools and equipment are in place at the right time.
• Use available tools to track the efficiency and productivity of the process on a daily / monthly basis.
Suggest improvements to continuously improve the process. Work with Production/Quality Engineers to implement improvements.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience in operations, maintenance, or engineering functions in a chemical manufacturing facility.
• Proven track record of demonstrating participative leadership, technical ability, and communications skills, while requiring little direction.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a very dynamic environment.
• Works effectively with people who have diverse ideas, perspectives, and values.
• Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty; Builds and ensures strong links and relationships with other work groups.
• Challenges others and self to continuously improve work processes.
• Leads change necessary for improvement in business performance.
• Ensures business performance is measured and communicated to the organization.