Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Our lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, our formulations optimize the use of resources, and our performance chemicals improve air and water quality.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Solvay has a very exciting opportunity for a MES engineer to join the Group. Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) are widely used within the Group to collect process data, monitor and optimize our production output.
As a member of the global MES team, you will:
· Shape our journey towards the plant of the future by delivering on our vision for data driven manufacturing,
· Coach data teams in manufacturing sites across multiple countries by providing training and functional support to end users,
· Deliver expert capabilities to multi-disciplinary teams in a high paced industrial environment,
· Be part of a global innovation leader in specialty chemicals, generating €10Bn in revenue by serving customers across ~100 countries. Activities
· Drive application of industry standards on data collection and storage, and educate site data teams on best practices in this area,
· Identify potential improvements in the collection, storage, management, interoperability and dissemination of data and support improvement implementation,
· Act as Single Point of Contact on questions/ issues regarding process information software including OsiSoft PI, Aspen InfoPlus.21 or Wonderware IIM and layered products.
· Coach data teams in production sites during manufacturing improvement projects:
· Collaborate with data scientists, process and automation specialist to refine data requirements and propose alternatives if needed,
· Identify problems with the data sources (missing data, redundant data, incomplete data, ...) and recommend solutions,
· Create scripts to deliver data with required quality/consistency and in the required format for advanced analytics models,
· Set up data quality, data availability and data consistency metrics to test the data and drive the testing process.
· Actively contribute to the data community within Solvay, sharing knowledge and best practices (e.g. through technical articles on MES software)
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Education / Experience
· A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· At least 5 years of experience in implementation of software solutions in a manufacturing environment
· Good knowledge of OsiSoft PI or AspenTech Manufacturing Software
· Client oriented and collaborative attitude
· Ability to handle multiple problems concurrently, prioritize appropriately and communicate with users
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Literacy with basic software (MS Office, GApps or other cloud Apps)
· Willingness to travel (Approximately 40% travel with overnight stays)
Considered a plus
Knowledge of Wonderware Software
Basic software programming skills
No calls or agencies please. Solvay will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.