Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. Solvay Busines Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major end-to-end administrative processes as well as the information services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: strategic agility and customer centricity, service excellence and talents and innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Solvay Business Services is looking for a trainee to develop skills in the team of Management Accounting. We offer training on Management Accounting domains (internal sessions).
The main mission is to contribute to Management Accounting Service Unit operational activities within Assets Accounting, Costing and Reporting domains including:
· Material Master Data Accounting and Costing Views Creation;
· Material cost estimate process for new materials;
· Monthly Management of Costing Allocations (extended front-office scope);
· Manufacturing Reporting support;
· Creation of IS and R&I projects structures;
· Capitalizations of IS and R&I projects;
· Monthly Reporting support and analysis;
· Participate to external audits;
· Participate in small Projects.
Education and Experience:
· Currently attending or finished University Degree in Management or Accounting
· No previous experience required
· Fluent in English
· Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and self set of priorities;
· Ability to work in teams;
· Networking skills;
· Ability to learn new domains;
· Open-mindness (seeking other perspectives and recurrent feedback);
· Good communication skills;