Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Our lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, our formulations optimize the use of resources, and our performance chemicals improve air and water quality. Foundations for the Future - Finance Are you looking to build a solid foundation for a successful career, as well as contribute your creativity, talents and passion to an exciting, fast-paced organization? This program will focus on delivering a fast-paced, experience-laden journey toward a career path in accounting by giving you the tools, flexibility, and support to take on exciting and challenging assignments. Foundations for the Future - Finance
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
We are seeking individuals who demonstrate high potential through their academic accomplishments, extracurricular involvement and solid internship experience. We value dynamic team players who are flexible, innovative and eager to tackle new challenges.
As a member of the Foundations for the Future (FFF) Finance program, you will gain experience in within:
oPrinciples of cost control
oFixed cost forecasting
oControlling process improvements, including reporting
oInternal and external audits
•Purchasing Service Line
•Credit, Collections and Trade Service Line
As a FFF Accounting professional, you will be introduced to many organizational leaders who will guide you along your journey within Solvay. Networking events will enable you to develop strong working relationships with direct supervisors, manufacturing and business leaders, plant management, coach/mentors and alumni of the FFF program.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (with a strong accounting specialty)
· Minimum GPA of 3.5
· Demonstrated a commitment to participating in a rotational program that will require relocation as you move through assignments. A particular rotation can last anywhere from 18-24 months
· Shown a willingness to relocate and travel accordingly. Location will be at the discretion of Solvay based on particular business needs
· Strong proficiency for MS Excel with functional understanding of SAP or other ERP, IFRS and US GAAP
· Strong communicator, with comfort in speaking to colleagues at all levels of the organization
· Successful completion of an internship or co-op assignment in a relative environment (more than one is preferable, especially in a manufacturing-related field)
· Desire to build relationships with multiple business units and functions within the organization
· English (native or proficient fluency)
Solvay is not offering sponsorship for employment visa, OPT, or any other work eligibility status with respect to this position; however, as a global company, Solvay offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our career section onwww.Solvay.com .