Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Our products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability. Our lightweighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, our formulations optimize the use of resources, and our performance chemicals improve air and water quality. We are one of the key players in Engineering Plastics and our Polyamides sold under the brand name Technyl are widely used in automotive applications. Our Global Business Unit Performance Polyamides is actively looking for a Customer Technical Support Engineer (m/f/d) in Freiburg for the earliest possible date.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
•As technical expert, you are the link between our customer and Solvay. Thereby you co-ordinate technical requests with internal functions such as Sales, R&T, Product Stewardship, etc.
•You are our customers’ point of contact for new product developments, new applications with existing products or for complaints and troubleshooting. This includes consultation about processing (injection moulding, blow moulding, extrusion, assembling), about our products (selection, properties, analysis) and application development (design, simulation and part testing).
•You will collaborate with our sales team by providing your expertise about our products, by identifying application developments and promoting Solvay’s innovation at our customers.
•You will build a trustful customer relationship and do customer visits across Germany and Europe frequently.
Education and Experience:
· You hold a Masters’ Degree in mechanical, chemical or process engineering, background knowledge in plastic processing (such as injection moulding) is a plus
· You have excellent communication and presentation skills and like to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams
· You speak English and German fluently and are willing to travel across Europe (up to 50%)You enjoy to create and maintain trustful relationships with our customers
· A challenging and international work environment in a globally operating company
· Self-dependent working environment and the possibility to contribute to innovations, such as applications supporting