Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €10.2 billion in 2019. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels (SOLB) and Paris and in the United States, where its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a Level I ADR program. The role of the Finance function is to define financial policies and to secure the correct, good and compliant financial management of the Group. It also provides both external stakeholders and internal decision-makers with relevant financial data and analyses, with an intention to support sustainable value creation and value retention.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Working closely with both Corporate Controlling and Group Accounting & Reporting, you will play a key role in the closing process by ensuring that controlling data are fully aligned with consolidated accounts (P&L, Cash). Your deep knowledge of BFC and your accounting & consolidation skills will allow to contribute to the accuracy of the consolidated financials at each closing phase and forecast preparation.
You will also participate to projects involving both the consolidation tool and controlling data.
In Corporate Controlling team you will be The reference for all subjects involving BFC to make sure that the financial information by GBU is accurate and allow relevant analysis. In doing so you will frequently interact with all GBU finance teams.
· Ensure consistency between IFRS cash flows and GBU cash flow in collaboration with GAR.
· Help detect inconsistencies during closing process.
· Be a major contributor in all projects involving BFC and Controlling
· Anticipate, validate, update, control all restatement impacts in BFC in coordination with GBUs controllers and GAR (RSB P&L and Cash)
· Anticipate, validate, update Budget structure BFC in coordination with GBUs Controllers and GAR.
· Be the preferred point of contact in the Corporate Controlling team for all technical questions coming from GBU controllers or from other departments for any question involving BFC (advice, training, …)
· Ensure the update of Cockpit database (Qlikview) in collaboration with SBS.
· More generally be the interface with IS teams for IS projects impacting GBU consolidated financial reporting (BFC in particular).
Education and Experience:
· Accounting and controlling background (>7 years)
· Experience with consolidation is a plus
· Strong background in Accounting and BFC
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent command of English. Good command of French is an asset.