Description of the Business Line or Department
Banking Operations - Banking, Cards, eBanking, Open Banking
Fees and Billing
Securities Operations – Settlements, Corporate Actions, Transfers, Custody and Custodian oversight, Stock Data Management
Middle Office – Treasury Support and Treasury Middle Office, Private Banking and Investment Controls, Regulatory Reporting, Client Assets Oversight (including CASS), Reconciliations
CDD/AML Client On-boarding and periodic reviews
Relationship Management and oversight of 3 rd Party Suppliers where Operations is the lead stakeholder
Core system custodian – re-certifications, User Acceptance Testing and Subject Matter Expertise
Operational Projects, End to End Process continual improvements
Operations SMEs for tactical and strategic projects
Summary of the key purposes of the role
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Treasury Support
· To provide an efficient service to Treasury Front Office/counterparties by the efficient processing of treasury instruments and transactions.
· To assist clients with queries and provision of relevant information regarding their account(s) with the business.
· Oversight of outsourced Treasury Support tasks to offshore team
Summary of responsibilities
· Ensure an effective and efficient service is provided to Treasury Front Office ensuring standards and deadlines are met, by:
o Client FX management
o Client MM management
o MM/FX Matching
o Cash Management / positioning
o Ensuring Bank MM funds arrive back correctly
o Maintenance of SSI's for treasury
o FRN maintenance
o IRS maintenance
o All associated reconciliation and queries relating to the above
· Investigate complaints, queries and problems from internal and external clients and suppliers, digging deeper to understand the underlying issues and acting to ensure they are appropriately addressed.
· Identify issues and problems with data, service quality, internal processes and procedures, recommending improvements and seeking approval for action.
· Provide support to colleagues, sharing information and offer assistance when needed within the team.
· Ensure adherence to KH Internal controls standards, systems and procedures that appropriate standards are maintained in all aspects of operational risk and compliance which are endorsed by subsequent audits.
· Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across a wide range of products and services.
· Develop a deep knowledge of operational processes on K+ (Treasury Front Office) and Olympic (core banking) systems and across markets and industries
· Update personal knowledge of regulatory and wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of KH is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
· Understand and apply internal Risk and Compliance policy, process and procedures.
· Check and review own and offshore team's work for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting any discrepancies or errors.
· Assist with review of processes, procedures and systems, in conjunction with the team to ensure that opportunities for improvement are recognised and acted upon and changing customer needs are met.
· Knowledge of treasury instruments/banking services and products
· Knowledge of payment routing, swift and Bacs
· Able to handle client enquiries courteously, efficiently and professionally
· Considers options available and finds best solutions to meet client needs
· Able to effectively plan workload of self and offshore team based on priorities and deadlines
· Works to high standards of accuracy, quality and attention to detail
· Able to effectively perform different tasks depending on needs
· Can communicate information and ideas clearly to team and clients
· Able to prepare and produce well-structured written materials
· Knowledge of general office duties and standard banking procedures
Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000JGP
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 09/11/2020
Date of publication: 30/09/2020