The role of the Level 2 Controller is to issue an opinion on the actual implementation of level 1 controls and on the quality of both their execution and the monitoring of anomalies and to assess the design and the relevance of the controls, particularly in terms of risk prevention.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
· Review the implementation of the level 1 control system: Level 2 Controller has to ensure the reliability of the existing level 1 control system to cover major risks, issues or impact to regulatory filings as well as to ensure the coherence of key controls deployment in order to determine major risks and/or activities not covered by key controls;
· Check the Level 1 controls by reviewing control design and control performance, either on the basis of supporting documents available in managerial supervision control tool or by re-performing the control (testing);
· Request evidence of level 1 controls, including segregation of duties, management monitoring and oversight, and other critical controls, level 1 controls' chain from the beginning to the end of the process; request information about documented policies and procedure; inspect specific documents and observe application of specific controls;
· Independently assess and understand the regulatory requirements across various reports (e.g. Liquidity, FINREP) to facilitate the review of information flows and IT cartography to identify potential breaks in the regulatory reporting process;
· Independently assess and review the financial risks of entities analyzed (financial statements analysis, analytical review, KPIs, sample testing);
· Report results and follow up of level 2 proposals for improvement.
A little about You:
· Economical studies;
· Previous experience in regulatory reporting field, qualifying experience in financial audit/accounting with a focus on internal controls, preferably in regulatory/financial services/banking;
· ACCA member/student or similar certification.
· A very good level of English is mandatory, French is an advantage
We also value:
· Good communication skills;
· Great analytical skills;
· Results oriented, high flexibility and work autonomy;
· Decision making and problem solving skills;
To be a part of Societe Generale European Business Services means to work in a dynamic and active environment where your work has a real impact in the company's activity.
Our teams work in an Agile mode and are constantly encouraged to collaborate in transversal projects through which they can learn and adapt together in order to contribute to the growth of our center of excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000K52
Business unit: SG European Business Services
Starting date: 02/11/2020
Date of publication: 22/09/2020