· Create and maintain a operational run book for the team
· Monitor the infra capacity and manage the alerts actively .
· Automate all the possible manual tasks around service deployment and administration .
· Ensure infra related to the service are functional and manage all the alters relevant .
· Ensure proper reports ,KPI generation and publication to the stake holders
· Be a frontline in managing P1/P0 reliability incidents in timely manner.
· Manage problems and root cause analysis with proper investigation and track.
· Manage user assistance and requests on onboarding to the services .
· Monitor and manage SLIs
· Help to create SLO /SLA
· Manage and maintain *budgets (error ,toil)
· Do production readiness review Production Review Readiness for all new deliverables and manage a maintain a PRR structure
· Maintain architecture , services ,user level documents and ensure its appropriate and UpToDate .
· Follow change /release management process and governance .
· 50% supporting regular operations and 50% engineering to make the platform more stable and build automation to reduce toil.
· Manage whole devops pipe line and act /modify /rebuild when required
· Manage non business hours production support .
· Maintain versioning /agile practice /security analysis and rotation handovers/interface with vendors .
· Maintain and monitor to ensure optimal backlogs for the team
· Ensure proper new resource onboarding procedures along with technical trainings and mentorship as necessary .
· Create reliability matrices for the services
· Take part new feature design and validate from reliability standpoints
· Key stakeholder management spoc for services
· Govern and manage service /component life cycle and legacy replenishment
· Consider new trends ,technology evolution and adapt as accordingly
· Must have minimum 5+ years of experience in full stack development with object oriented languages (preferably Java or Python) with at least 3 years' experience in devops
· Must have strong understanding on S.O.L.I.D mode of development and Test driven or behavioral driven model .
· Must be ready to gage as python expert in short span if it's not his or her current profile .
· Must be able to understand the business requirement ,provide software stack solutions in joining various development and operational component.
· Great attitude towards identifying ,building ,running and maintaining various products by own .
· Close align with industry trend ,pick possible topics and be ready for an MVP ,POC or learn and fail fast model .
· Great understanding of agile methodologies -Scrum preferable ,Exposure on Agile at scale ,no-ops ,SRE etc can be an add on advantages .
· The candidate should be ready to submit solution ,work with business to derive solutions ,work with software architect and quality control mechanism .
· Must be a hard core hands on person on software development.
· Should demonstrate the abilities to improvise ,support ,re-write, re-architect, design ,transform solutions or applications irrespective of the platform or model.
· Be open ,ready to accept suggestions ,failure ,improvement and ready to engage actively in various non development activities like new business derivations ,adoption of new framework ,model ,technology etc
· Software development model
· S.O.L.I.D (S - Single-responsibility principle - Open-closed principle - Liskov substitution principle, I - Interface segregation principle, D - Dependency Inversion Principle) model of development
· TDD -Test Driven Development
· Exposure on cloud development will be an advantage
· API /As Service
· REST -ability to build from scratch
· API – REST with python flask restful ,Django or Java strecture or Go lan model or nodejs express or Ruby
· Programing Languages /areas
· Python – MUST
· Ability to learn complex python development model in less span of time
· Orchestration , data lake , relay or caching , messaging queue
· Devops elements
· CICD (exposure or experience on Sonar ,Jenkins ,Orchestrations)
· Understanding quality checks – Smoke ,Functional ,Integrational ,Load testing
· Agile elements
· Agile at scale or any other model are add on advantages
· Personal attributes
· Excellent communication
· Can do attitude
· Interpersonnel skill
· Creative and innovative approach
· Outcome oriented
Why Join Us
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale's diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group's entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000JP3
Business unit: SG Global Solution Centre
Starting date: 24/11/2020
Date of publication: 15/09/2020