You will be part of the Software Development team, which mission is to provide quality software solutions for infrastructure technical automation and related business processes.
You will join as a Software Engineer of the GTS Asia-Pacific Dev Team, with a primary focus on delivering software solution that helps simplify and automate complicated business process related to infrastructure. You will contribute to the mission of discovering and delivering innovative services that enhance GTS service delivery. you will also partner closely with other cross-functional teams to help define and participate to an ambitious automation strategy.
As a team member within this Agile framework, you will demonstrate a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new ways of working and share your own experience/knowledge as required by the team. In a self-managed environment, your passion, technical depth, and intellectual curiosity will inspire the team.
You will enjoy a supportive development environment where team members are highly recommended to collaborate and share knowledge. Global Development standard workshops are in place to facilitate knowledge transfer and communication. Code analysis platform, comprehensive testing standards and continuous integration pipeline are in place to ensure code quality and service stability.
Your main activities will include, while not being limited to:
· Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
· Implement server-side applications for GTS infrastructure services, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
· Implement front-end solutions that optimize user experience for our automation products.
· Provide thought leadership for developer technology inside GTS and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline or improve adoption of GTS latest software and infrastructure strategy.
· Acquire understanding of business requirements and contribute innovative ideas to improve business process.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
· University degree, with a master’s degree being advantageous in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subject.
· Years of general software programming experience
· Large-scale systems software architecture. design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux
· Demonstrated hands-on experience with Web Services (REST), Microservices architecture and Test-Driven Design
· Capability to contribute in front-end software development using the latest software standard
· Experience delivering incremental value in a fast-paced agile environment Technologies
· Python, or general object-oriented programming languages
· TDD and concept of good software craftmanship
· CICD pipeline setup and industrialization
· Good understanding of software design and development craftmanship for Web application development
· Proven experience with infrastructure automation
· Experience with an Agile framework Technologies
· Oauth / User authorization specs
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world daily. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed – and continue to develop – advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000K4M
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 15/10/2020
Date of publication: 16/09/2020