Within the Société Générale group, you will join the Global Technical Services team, which manages the IT infrastructure for Société Générale group, worldwide.
You will support the GTS/SEC/DVF team which is in charge of managing processes and tools regarding Identity Access Management.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
As a Security Analyst IAM, you will support the SEC/DVF/IAG team, based in Paris in their daily activity and by orchestrating GTS contribution to access reviews and controls processes. It will be part of your responsibility to apply existing processes and identify process improvements when applicable and formalize it through documentation.
Your main responsibilities will be to :
· Management of Access Review campaigns : ensure GTS compliance to group requirements by managing yearly and quarterly access review campaigns. The following activities are required: campaign scope definition, control proper extraction of user and access rights, control data quality, user extraction communication on campaign scope and calendar, follow-up of user contribution, direct user communication, escalation when contribution is insufficient;
· Dashboards and KPI : quarterly issuance of dashboards related to Access Review campaign and other controls on user access (leavers, orphan accounts, inactive accounts);
· Exception management : review use cases where an access is provided in exception to standard rules, and grant/revoke such access;
· Process improvement : analyse, propose and implement improvements on IAM processes and procedures used by the team;
· User support and audit response : assist users in access management processes, to qualify user difficulties, provide guidance in processes, respond to Audit queries related to Access Governance.
A little about you:
· 2-3 years experience of support in an IT environment, ideally supporting IT access management and/or controls;
· Graduate from University degrees or Engineers, you ideally have a functional knowledge in IT logical security (not expert) in a banking environment;
· Fluent in French (read/write/speaking) and English (read/write);
· Good command of Microsoft Office, especially good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint;
· Understanding of operational risk assessment;
· Understanding of access management and controls;
· Ability to prioritise and follow-up on task completion.
We also value:
· Communication skills to liaise with various stakeholders and share knowledge within the team;
· Adaptability skills to deal with different situations (different topics, different stakeholders, different IT applications…);
· Proactivity in order to work closely with different process owners;
· “Problem solving” mindset and solution-enabler capacities;
· Agile framework experience;
· Pragmatism skills to quickly identify relevant information and focus on risks;
· Challenging skills to be able to qualify properly anomalies;
· Team spirit skills;
· Confidentiality skills.
To be part of Societe Generale European Business Services means to work in a dynamic and active environment where your work has a real impact in the company's activity.
Our teams work in an Agile mode and are constantly encouraged to collaborate in transversal projects through which they can learn and adapt together in order to contribute to the growth of our center of excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000EYK
Business unit: SG European Business Services
Starting date: 30/09/2020
Date of publication: 31/07/2020