At Société Générale, you will be joining the Risk department. Its job is to contribute to the development of Société Générale’s business and profitability by defining the Group’s appetite for risk, in liaison with the Finance department and the core businesses. The Risk department is also responsible for implementing the system used to control and monitor risks.
RISQ’s organisation in the UK is commensurate with the activities carried out locally and the nature of the risks thus generated. RISQ provides the appropriate level of expertise and decision-making capacity needed locally, in accordance with the nature, scale and complexity of risks originated by SGLB, while relying on the integrated model based at Group level for the majority of risk control services.
Within the RISQ/COO department, your role is to support the SGLB RISQ platform and the RISQ/COO in its mission. This particularly entails:
• Assist on the development and maintenance of key projects, ensuring robust project management lifecycle methodology has been applied to projects and documents are drafted, reviewed and approved in accordance with the team guidelines / project requirements
• Participate in the control of project risks and issues in particular ensuring they are properly resolved, or escalated to the appropriate level with corrective actions
• Preparing the communication documentation for the project committees and liaising with senior stakeholders / sponsors of the project
• Prepare the Management Information to support the UK CRO responsibilities and Risk Management Committee in its role
• Manage RISQ regulatory matters: ensuring regulatory requests are answered completely in a timely manner, preparing materials for regulatory visits, etc Assist the SGLB RISQ/COO in:
• The production and maintenance of project plans.
• Development and maintenance of the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
• Development and implementation of appropriate configuration management procedures
• The coordination of the production of all reports
• Definition and documentation of procedures in accordance with agreed methodology
• Managing RISQ regulatory matters: ensuring regulatory requests are answered completely in a timely manner, preparing materials for regulatory visits, etc
Your profile Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Finance/Risks/Mathematics/Economics
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution. Knowledge of finance/financial analysis would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You have good command of MS Office applications.
• Project management skills: development and implementation of appropriate governance frameworks, financial management, risk management, stakeholder management
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to influence, build effective relationships and communicate successfully with the key decision makers
• Able to deal with ambiguity and to seek out, assimilate and analyse information on a wide range of topics
• Commercial acumen: collaborative and pragmatic approach to solving issues with awareness of business priorities and related risks
• Coordination skills (internal and external colleagues)
• Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
• Solution and delivery focused, service-oriented and proactive
• Team player with excellent emotional intelligence, enjoys sharing information, works collaboratively, sets and supports high standards of performance in self and others
• Strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct: demonstrates risk awareness and good conduct behaviours, knowledge of and compliance with internal policies
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .
Why Join Us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000HCS
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/11/2020
Date of publication: 05/08/2020