If you're into the following challenges: digital, energy transition, diversity/inclusion and you would like to get involved in building the future, you've come to the right place. We are looking for team players, invested people who are able to bring ideas and express their opinions.
Are you looking for a stable company offering international opportunities?
· Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups . Active in the real economy for over 150 years, Societe Generale employs over 138,000 members of staff in 62 countries and supports daily 29 million clients.
A strong cultural mix thanks to a well-established French company in the Americas:
· Societe Generale opened its first office in the United States in 1938 and in Canada in 1974 and has about 2,500 professionals working in 8 U.S. cities, 3 in Canada as well as in Latin America.
A pillar in the economy which is building the tomorrow's world:
· Societe Generale is not just a financial institution, it is a group that places innovation and sustainable financial practices at the very heart of its culture. The Societe Generale group has made the digital sector a key lever in transforming banking relationships. The 2019 edition of the eCAC40 Trophies ranks Societe Generale at the top rank of the banks that have best evolved in the digital world!
An opportunity to express yourself and get involved:
· Our employees resource groups such as Pride and Allies, American Women Network, Black Leadership Network, One planet demonstrate the involvement of our employees for their community.
Primary tasks related to Production Support Analyst role include but are not limited to:
Provide timely resolution of functional and technical issues and report incidents to the appropriate chain of command. End user community includes FO, MO, Product Controls, and Risk.
Troubleshoot functional issues in a complex financial environment, with various applications and architecture regionally and/or globally. Multi-tasking environment.
Provide functional and technical expertise to produce and promote maintainable and quality solutions. Includes documenting system requirements and documentation of support run book.
Communicate with users regarding application outages.
Liaise with development teams in Bangalore, New York, and Paris.
Help configure setup as requested by users and monitor platforms.
Understand regulatory environment and constraints.
Perform post-rollout testing of new releases (quality assurance).
Handle queries and one-off data research requests from users.
Respond to end users within timeframe dictated by the severity of the problem, and document and track (case histories, issues, and action steps) the response.
Research technical processes using sources such as error logs and product technical documentation; and identify solutions to resolve problems or improve efficiency.
Respect internal IT norms, standards, and processes.
Timely reporting of production and project status to client and IT management.
Effective and efficient oral and written communication to various audiences at appropriate levels.
Partner with development teams (NY/Paris) on release management.
Partner with the Global support teams (Paris/Asia) to ensure quality support to our end users.
Effectively manage the Client Relationship with the end user community.
• Experience in application support
• Knowledge of Client / Server applications
• Experience working with relational databases.
• From 2 to 5 years of experience as an application support analyst in a financial environment (Preferably Liquidity and Risk).
• Experience working in a global / international IT financial environment, with a wide range of policies and procedures (FO, MO, Risk and Accounting). Understand and follow the rules of the IT department, mainly change management procedures and new versions. Have recent experience working in a real change management environment and new releases.
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate project execution and delivery commitment with other teams under different operational time zones
• Good ability to analyze, solve and monitor problems
• Good organizational and priority skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Technical skills Required:
• 2+ years Microsoft Office suite applications (example: Excel)
• 2+ years SQL (SQL Server, Oracle …)
• 2+ years Unix, Linux and Windows server environment
• Knowledge in Programming (.Net)
• Bachelor of Computers Science or other related university degree
A career within the Societe Generale Group is an opportunity to participate in a team effort to build the bank of tomorrow.
Together, let's be the future:
· Commitment to putting integrity at the heart of our businesses
· Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
· Climate commitment
· Citizen engagement
You're not convinced yet? M eet our employees .
Are you interested in knowing more? Click here to find out.
Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third largest investment bank in the European economic area and is present in more than 76 countries around the world.
The head office of SGCIB's Canadian subsidiary is located in Montreal and has been providing services in Canada since 1974 and today has more than 500 employees and advisors in its Montréal, Toronto and Calgary offices. SGCIB has also positioned itself as a front-line player in the trading of interest rate and currency derivatives in the Canadian market.
SG Montreal Solution Center (SG MSC) is part of Groupe SG and its mandate is to provide local services in support of Société Générale Group's banking and investment banking activities (SG CIB). MSC provides support, development, and infrastructure resources across multiple services.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000XNB
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 06/08/2020