Come on join the IT infrastructures teams in a digital transformation journey
Created on July 1 st 2009 within the Corporates Resources and Innovation Divison (RESG), the Global Technology Services (GTS) department supports all the IT infrastructures of Société Générale Group and its subsidiaries (Crédit du Nord, Franfinance, etc.) in France and abroad. Today it represents almost 3500 employees around the world.
Its mission? To provide to the Group's businesses lines reliable IT services by providing offers, services levels and optimized costs that meet the needs of their internal clients; such as hosting business applications, workstations, collaborative services, network and telephony.
The Middleware group is part of global GTS/PAS providing support to SG activities globally. The middleware administrator in Montreal will work closely with other middleware administrator based in Montreal, US and Paris to manage middleware located in Canada and US and also participate in on-call shift rotation providing support to worldwide systems.
The container administrator's responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
· Manage container instance worldwide as part of the container global team (instance of tomcat, weblogic, IIS, apache, php)
· Manage GTS docker platform (UCP) in Paris and in Amer
· Provide off-hour and weekend production on-call support and be able to handle on-call alerts.
· Provide on-call support as part of Follow-the-sun support to Paris and Asia systems.
· Provide advices, best practices to the team's client (internal, GTS, ITEC …)
· Help implement and update the team standard (installation, best practices, etc …)
· Contribute to API factory for provisioning and automation of the containers life cycle (including the docker part)
· To be process-oriented and be able to implement a common set of standards, methods and procedures used for all container work, as well as be able to recommend software and hardware upgrade paths.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
· Client focused, able to work independently while interacting across different teams to accomplish projects and must be detail oriented.
· Be willing to learn new technologies and methodologies
· Self-motivated and a team player.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
· Experience working in a 24X7 environment.
· Experience working with distributed teams.
· Experience of operational management.
· French and English language skills (written and/or oral).
· Familiarity with ITIL process
· At least 5+ years of experience working with container technologies (Apache, tomcat, IIS, weblogic) and/or Docker/Openshift
· Proficient scripting skills (shell, python …)
· Puppet knowledge
· Knowledge about various storage technologies like SAN, SAN-SRDF and NAS
· Knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
Languages: English / Fench
Societe Generale opened its Canadian headquarters in Montreal in 1974 to offer its financial services to corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Toronto and Calgary offices were opened in 1978 and 2006 respectively.
We now employ over four hundred people, both in the traditional banking sector (investment banking, funds and trading activities) and in the field of information technology, with the opening of our SG Montreal Solutions Centre subsidiary which, thanks to its geographical location and its cultural diversity, provides computer support and development for the New York and Paris teams.
Job code: 19000I1T
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 31/07/2019
Middleware Container Administrator
Contractor / Temp | Quebec - Canada | Information Technology
· Home Job Offers Middleware Container Administrator
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale