As part of the GTB Middle Office, the Mid Officer & Sales-support will be responsible for supporting the trade services development for international and domestic trade with focus on international as well as monitoring and ensuring a proper execution of all Trade Finance transactions within the local desk.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Support of Trade Sales Team in origination and execution of Trade Finance transactions, and the development of Trade Finance solutions;
· Being part of the GTB mid office work on transversal tasks (cash & trade) i.e. domestic guarantees;
· Follow-up on customer requests and needs, and identify new opportunities;
· Close cooperation with Back Office teams in connection with monitoring/handling of client orders and other operational issues;
· Close cooperation with all teams within the global Trade Services Network, as well as with all supporting teams within Paris headquarters;
· Active cooperation with all other local business lines within Brussels branch;
· Taking over of administrative tasks in connection with Trade Services transactions (market research, profitability calculations, internal reporting, etc.);
· Create added value for clients pro-actively identifying synergies within the Global Transaction Banking Business lines.
· Apprenticeship within the Finance / Banking sector;
· Approx 3-4 years of work experience within the field of Trade Business or Master in Finance & Banking with specialization of Global Trade Business.
· German B2;
· English B2;
· French A2.
Technical and operational skills:
· In-depth knowledge of trade finance products (letters of credit, guarantees, etc.);
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Striving for clients/internal partners satisfaction while taking into account the risks for the company;
· Listening the clients/internal partners and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs;
· Favouring the team's interest over personal results;
· Proposing new ideas & solutions;
· Being constantly on the lookout for risks;
· Making decisions in the scope of personal responsibilities;
· Adopting new technologies in the managed solutions & projects.
SG CIB Zurich Branch (Corporate & Investment Banking) is part of Société Générale Paris. Global Transaction Banking (GTB) integrates all the expertise and services designed to facilitate the day-to-day transactional activities of major economic and financial players at home and abroad.
We are searching for a dedicated, motivated and ambitious team member that is keen to support the team whenever needed and likes to coordinate processes with stakeholders in and outside Switzerland.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000VW1
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 09/12/2019