We, the Montreal Solutions Center (MSC), develop and maintain software solutions for major financial markets in the
Americas, Asia and Europe. Our solutions must be competitive to develop or consolidate our market share, launch new products and seize opportunities.
The responsibilities of the support analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supporting contribution, trading and position tracking software for foreign exchange, interest rate and credit, and equity markets.
• Provide rapid resolution to functional and technical issues and report incidents to the appropriate chain of command.
End-users included: Traders, Sellers, Auditors, Middle Office.
• Solve functional problems in a complex financial environment, with varied applications and regional and / or global
architectures. Multi-tasking environments.
• Provide functional and technical expertise (log analysis) to produce and promote quality and sustainable solutions.
Define and maintain the application support guide.
• Automation of controls are indicators to monitor the proper functioning of the contribution tools, negotiation and related referential documents
• Communicate with users in connection with application failures
• Liaise with teams from New York, Paris, Hong Kong
• Understand the regulated environment and the constraints of client activity
• Perform post-deployment testing of new releases (quality assurance)
• Process queries and ad hoc queries of users' search data
• Respond to the user within a set timeframe depending on the severity of the problem, document and track (case study, issues, impact studies, action plan)
• Technical research processes using sources such as error logs and technical documentation of products and identifying solutions to solve problems and improve efficiency.
• Respect internal standards, standards and IT processes ( ITIL )
• Timely communication of project production and status to the client and IT management.
• Effective oral and written communication with the various audiences and at the appropriate levels.
• Collaboration with development teams (NY / Paris) for the management of new versions
• Collaboration with the global support team (Paris / Asia) to ensure quality support for end-users
• Effectively manage the Customer relationship with the end user community
Education and level of experience: University degree with a strong content in science and mathematics, specialization in computer science
• 3 years or more of IT experience in a complex information systems environment
• Experience in corporate and investment banking or finance an asset
• Written and oral autonomy in English
• Communication skills
• SQL - SQL Server, Oracle
• Linux, UNIX and Windows
• Tibco, RMDS, Ultra Messaging, ION
• Python and scripting are a nice to have
• Ticketing tool
• Ability to work with complex information systems
• Knowledge of the market finance universe (interest rate markets, derivatives, equity, credit, etc.)
• Sense of organization, methodical, analytical
• Knowledge of foreign exchange, credit or interest rate products and equity products
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB) is the third largest investment bank in the European economic area and is present in more than 76 countries around the world.
The head office of SGCIB's Canadian subsidiary is located in Montreal and has been providing services in Canada since 1974 and today has more than 400 employees and advisors in its Montréal, Toronto and Calgary offices. SGCIB has also positioned itself as a front-line player in the trading of interest rate and currency derivatives in the Canadian market. SG Montreal Solution Center (SG MSC) is part of Groupe SG and its mandate is to provide local services in support of Société Générale Group's banking and investment banking activities (SG CIB). MSC provides support, development, and infrastructure resources across multiple services. One position is in the Montreal IT Solutions Center.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000KBU
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 26/10/2020
Date of publication: 07/10/2020