Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparing written policies and procedures for specific business activities in compliance with applicable regulations;
• Preparing compliance policies and procedures covering all U.S. operations also in compliance with applicable regulations;
• Implement standards for Compliance policy and procedure framework;
• Revising existing policies and procedures to reflect regulatory updates, organizational and business changes;
• Assist in drafting and issuing communications regarding new and revised policies;
• Review regulatory requirements and rule references in the SGUS Compliance Department Regulatory Inventory (“Regulatory Inventory”) to confirm applicability to SGUS business lines based on the products and services offered and map the regulatory requirements in the Regulatory Inventory to regulatory category and SGUS policies and controls;
• Analyze new regulatory developments for inclusion in the Regulatory Inventory, taking into consideration applicability to the business, and products and services offered by SGUS;
• Assist in preparing reports regarding regulatory developments to update stakeholders.
• Strong writing and research skills
• Must be able to work with various teams in a professional environment
• Self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
Prior work experience:
• Prior internship or work experience in financial services or legal industry
• College graduate
• JD is strongly preferred
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking is looking to hire an intern for a 6-12 month period within our Compliance policy group. This intern will support the governance of the Compliance Department's policy framework. The hired candidate will be located in our New York City Office at 245 Park Avenue.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FQ7
Business unit: Group Corporate Functions
Starting date: 17/08/2020
Date of publication: 15/07/2020