You will support Senior Syndicate Managers with their daily tasks. In particular, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Assist with syndicating MTNs as well as German Domestic Products such as Promissory Notes, Registered Bonds & Registered Covered Bonds, etc.
· Manage and update pricing tools / database used by syndicate managers
· Run market analysis and statistics (monitor private placement activity)
· Prepare internal as well as external pitches towards issuers and investors
· Support in pre and post-trade execution including drafting term sheets, liaising with Middle Office and Back Office
· Resolve any settlement or legal issues to ensure timely settlement of deals
Your Education/Past Experience:
· Currently studying at Grande Ecole/University, ideally in a Master program with a specialization in Management/Finance
· You must still currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
· Experience in the Debt Capital Markets, specifically Syndication would be a plus
· Strong financial background and knowledge of the international bond market
· Ability to develop an understanding of derivatives and structured products
Your Technical skills/Languages
· First class marketing skills – the ability to synthesise complex market arguments and communicate these effectively
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required / Bloomberg knowledge would be helpful
· Good quantitative skills – comfortable with all aspects of financial maths
· Financial skills – able to interpret a balance sheet, income and cash flow statement
· Fluency in German and English (written and orally) is required, command of French would be a plus
Your Personal abilities
· Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
· Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
· Team spirit and well organized
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to cope with multiple tasks from many different people
Was wir bieten
As a member of the syndication team, this internship will give you the opportunity to gain deep fixed income knowledge on both investor and issuer side. This is a great opportunity to evolve in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment with regular interaction with origination and sales teams in an international team.
Please send us your current CV as well as a cover letter, including information about your expected graduation date as well as your preferred start & end date for an internship with us.
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 149,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for an intern for the period of 6 - 12 months in
“Debt Capital Markets / Syndicate / EMTN - Private Placements”
You will be integrated within the Medium Term Note (MTN) Private Placement desk of Société Générale CIB which consists of 8 people divided between Paris, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Hong Kong teams as part of the wider Debt Syndicate Group.
You will join the desk in Frankfurt and support the team in their daily activities. The MTN desk is an extension of the global Syndicate desk and you will be closely working with both the syndicate desk and alongside all other members of the MTN desk globally.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 17000WBU
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 09/12/2019